Jaguar is releasing its stunning Tesla rival in 2018 — here's a closer look at the SUV
- Jaguar is releasing its first fully-electric vehicle, the I-Pace, in 2018.
- The SUV is expected to start at $76,400.
- Audi and Mercedes are also releasing electric SUVs in the next two years.
Tesla’s Model X is about to get some competition in the electric SUV market, as Electrek reports that European customers just leaked the prices for Jaguar’s first fully-electric vehicle, the I-Pace. The vehicle is expected to start at $76,400 and, depending on the features you choose, could near $100,000. This would put the car in the same range as the Model X, which starts at $79,500.
Take a look at the I-Pace and its features — which include a massive panoramic sunroof and 12-inch touchscreen — below.
- Jaguar’s I-Pace looks very sleek for an SUV.
- The car has impressive specs, boasting 400 horsepower, 516 pound-feet of torque, and the ability to go from 0-60 mph in about four seconds.
- It can travel over 220 miles on one charge.
- In 90 minutes of charging, it can reach 80% of its battery capacity.
- And the battery can fully charge in a little over two hours.
- The car’s interior has features that are similar to other high-tech SUVs and sedans, including a 12-inch touchscreen to handle music and navigation.
- Transmission is controlled with buttons rather than a stick.
- A panoramic roof allows for significant amounts of natural light in the car.
- A digital display can show important information on the windshield.
- The car has five total seats.
- Since the I-Pace doesn’t have a combustion engine, its cabin is very spacious.
- The car is expected to arrive in the second half of 2018.
- But Jaguar isn’t the only company that wants to compete with Tesla for the electric SUV market.
- Audi plans to release its e-tron quattro in 2018 as well.
- And Mercedes will roll out its Generation EQ in 2019.
Avots: Business Insider
Citi raksti kategorijā "Mobilitāte"
07. April 2018