This post is also available in:
Smart City Cluster
Address: Vangažu str 5, Riga, LV-1024, Latvia
What is a Smart city cluster project?
Smart city cluster is a platform that joins the Latvian entrepreneurs and research organizations to work together to enable enterprises to develop competitive products and services that are related to smart cities or a smart city concept.
What are the objectives of the Smart city cluster project?
The project aims to become a main driving force for development of new smart city concept related solutions, technologies and products in Latvia:
- representing a significant number of companies in various areas of smart specialization
- accumulating a large amount of specific knowledge about smart cities
- and transferring it to entrepreneurs for development of new products and services as well as strengthening of their exportability, thus creating at least 15% export growth in 3 year period in companies which are participating in the Smart city cluster project.
What are the planned activities of the Smart city cluster project?
The smart city cluster project is designed to implement the following key activities in which cluster members can be the final beneficiaries, as well as joint activities from which all cluster members will benefit:
- Identification of the most perspective foreign markets and their in-depth analysis
- Identification of the most perspective R&D directions
- Analysis of training needs for cluster members/partners to increase their productivity (audits of processes and skills)
- Monitoring of smart technologies’ development trends/ monthly electronical newsletter about events and new opportunities
- International cooperation activities to develop an efficient partnering network
- Financing mechanisms for implementation of smart cities concept related technologies and solutions
- Creation of think tanks and development of legislative initiatives
- Development of common smart city concept related tools/products
- Information and publicity events
One cluster member as one single company can receive financial support up to 30 000 euro of ERDF funding as a de-minimis aid.
ERDF contribution to the project “Smart city cluster” (Project No. 18.104.22.168/16/A/017) – 397 402 euro
Project duration: February 2017 – December 2019
The company will benefit maximally from participation in the cluster project, if activities in the cluster coincides with your company’s daily agenda!
Who are members of the Smart city cluster?
Members of the Cluster – see here